Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve!

It is Christmas Eve. It is also over 80 degrees outside. Fahrenheit. My roomate from Canada uses Celsius, which causes panic whenever I ask what the weather is and she gives me a temperature around 17 degrees. I have never in Florida, not even in Tallahasse, experienced those temperatures. Once, I went to North Carolina with choir in the winter, and it snowed. That was the only time in life as I rememebr it that it has been that cold. I lived in North Carolina until I was two, and it snowed then, too, but I can't remember that.

Anyways, 6 hours left until it's officially Christmas. I still haven't bought my boyfriend a present. I will. I hate Christmas shopping. I never know what to get anyone, but it's kind of required that I do, espeically when they'll get me something. I've always spent hours debating over what to get, hoping that I can think of something. I still don't know what I'll get him. And sometime after Christmas I have to buy all of my college friends gifts, but I won't see them until January.

I love Christmas. I spend all of November preparing my Christmas music, and the day after Thanksgiving I start listening. I hate how as soon as Halloween ends, now, stores prepare for Christmas. It's a little ridiculous, but I guess it's the most commercial holiday there is. Unfortunately, when it never gets cold, it never feels like Christmas. Even here in Florida, it's usually cold at some points of the day. Not last year, though. Or this year, apparently.

Updates on my life: Haven't gotten trapped anywhere interesting lately, haven't done anything interesting, haven't really got much to rant about. I've been watching House season 2, mostly, and hanging out with friends. I always look forward to breaks, but as soon as they come, I wish classes would start again. Or at least that dorms would open. I'm forced to return home because they decide to close the dorms. Thanks, college administration.

I think that's all I have to say. Thank you for reading. Have a Merry Christmas!

Check out Leah's Blog

No comments: