Today, I had a terrible headache. I was really tired from lack of sleep or caffeine or something. Driving to Leah's for dinner was awful; it was just the perfect time of day combined with the perfect placement of the sun in the sky (since it moves to the north and south of direct east and west depending on the seasons) so that all the roads on which I drove west were terrible. The sun was literally directly behind one streetlight and you couldn't tell if it was green or not. All the roads were illuminated with yellow, which made the whole drive painful. Once I arrived, it was wonderful. We had chicken and waffles and sat around and talked for two hours after dinner was over. It was wonderful.
Anyways, having to think of difficult things to forgive could get really personal really fast. However, since not that many people have wronged me, it isn't too bad. First things that came to mind, honestly, were things that I had done and had to forgive myself for. However, that is much to cliche and honestly, just not true.
In high school, there was a time when I got into a big argument with a teacher about her going back on her word about something. When I was perplexed by her not following through on her word, she yelled at me to where I was crying, then yelled more. I was being somewhat of a busybody, and I admit that, but she should not have made promises that she did not intend to keep, nor should she have treated me that way. I remember sobbing all night.
I spent years feeling angry about that. I still feel angry about it. Maybe I haven't forgiven her, I'm not sure. I just know that, for the most part, it doesn't eat away at me. I have no desire to talk to her again or pretend that I liked her. Anyways, assuming that I actually have forgiven her, that would be the hardest thing to forgive, solely because of how much anger I harbored about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment