Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Describe a typical day in your current life.

Judging by the past 24 hours, this would be a typical day in my life. This scenario I am describing has happened three times in the past two months, for the record. Here it goes:

Wake up at 2am to excruciating stomach pain.
Throw up.
Spend the rest of the night throwing up every thirty minutes.
Start to sort of sleep around 7am, but drag myself out of bed at 8:30am to call in sick to work and hope they don't think I'm faking. (I don't like calling in.)
Spend the rest of the day trying to recover.

It didn't help that two of these occasions caused me to miss Friday, making it look worse for me. This time was worse than the other times; I had to call Mike to take me to the doctor. Luckily, I'm fine minus the dehydration and sickness. Hopefully, this won't become a monthly occurrence for me.

Anyways, I'm nibbling on some saltines and sipping at Gatorade and water. At the doctor, they gave me a shot of something to make me sleep, so I've felt better since. I'll stop with the graphic sick posts and go back to a real day i nmy life.

7:00-Alarm goes off. Shower, do makeup, do hair, get dressed.
7:40-Make coffee, make breakfast, pack lunches for Mike and me.
8:00-Brush teeth, leave for work
8:20-Clock in at work. Start my workday. This consists of checking emails, making sure work that needs to be done is visible by my team, and work on any outstanding projects.
10:40-Eat Greek yogurt.
1:00-Clock out for lunch.
1:30-Return from lunch. Go back to work. This is pretty much exactly what I do in the morning.
3:00-Eat some carrots, an apple, or a muffin. Or a Mountain Dew if it's just one of those days.
5:00-Leave work and drive home.
5:10-Either do my daily workout or start some sort of cleaning.
6:30-Eat dinner on my own if it's a separate dinner night, or cook dinner for Mike and me.
7:00-Hang out with Mike. This sometimes involves going on walks, or watching a tv show while we play games on our computers, or sitting in the same room and playing games, or watching a movie or playing a game together, or talking or cleaning or tons of other things.
9:50-Tell Mike I'm going to bed. He comes to tuck me in. I usually get really silly about now and try to annoy him.
10:30-Actually try to sleep. And it's usually successful.
2:00am-Hopefully don't wake up sick.

No comments: