Title: Miss
First Name: Andrea
Last Name: Gill
Date: 03/24/2009 03:45 PM
Visit Type: In-Store
RestLandmark: In front of Walmart
Comment: Dear McDonald's reader:
Today, I attended McDonald's for dinner with two of my friends. I'm a college student, so money is tight, and I had a coupon for a free value meal and wished to use it. However, I have Crohn's disease, and my doctor told me to stay away from greasy foods. Knowing that McDonald's offered apple dippers as a side and that chicken nuggets are healthy enough, I figured I could order a number 10, ten piece nuggets, and get apple dippers instead of fries. Unfortunately, I was informed that I could not substitute apple dippers. It wasn't because of the coupon, it was because that was not an option for value meals.
I have to say that I was severely disappointed. Lately, the commercials I have seen for McDonald's have promoted an idea that McDonald's has healthy options, all white meat chicken, fruit and vegetable sides, and other options that would allow the customer to purchase a meal and not have to eat unhealthy. Instead, I found that I was forced to get a medium fry with my order, which I gave to my friends since I was unable to consume these without health risks.
I expressed my disappointment to the manager, but he said that it was the rule that apple dippers could not be substituted. I didn't understand, seeing as a medium fry costs over the price of apple dippers. As it is, I don't think I will be attending McDonald's. I know I am only one customer and make little difference to an international restaurant, but I cannot eat somewhere that won't allow me to make a reasonable substitution for the benefit of a chronic condition.
Sincerely,
Andrea Gill
____________________________________________________________________
Hello Andrea:
Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's Customer Service Center to bring your recent experience to our attention.
First, I hope you will accept my sincere apology for your disappointment in McDonald's. I can assure you that we want you to be completely satisfied every time you visit one of our restaurants.
Because most McDonald's restaurants are independently owned and operated, I have forwarded your comments to the franchise owner or local representative for follow up at the restaurant you visited in Tallahassee, Fl. Please be assured that your comments will be investigated and, if appropriate, corrective action will be taken.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's Customer Service Center and giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. Customer feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve.
McDonald's Customer Response Center
2 comments:
power to the people
*power fist*
You give 'em heck Andrea!
Post a Comment